Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Your First Look Through a Lenz

Greetings!

Welcome to my blog, "Life Through a Lenz". Pun-tastic title I know.

I think I may know a few things you're already thinking:
  1. Oh my! What is Nick Lenzi doing writing publicly, does he know that he cant write? Listen people I know of my short falls on writing, but I'll try my best to get my grammar correct and to use the correct word. My hopes for this blog are not to display my writing, but just general thoughts on life and things I care to share with others. I write like I talk so if you know me, it will make it easier for you to read cause you'll get my tone. Maybe I should have done a podcas. While I do have a quality radio voice and even better radio face, seriously who wants to listen to me speak for an extended period of time when I can write a blog post that will take you 2 minutes to read. Which brings me to my next point...
  2. Great another blog of someone who has the illusion someone cares about their opinion! Wooohoo! That is probably the biggest reason I didnt start this sooner cause who am I? But I have been inspired by other blogs and books I have been reading and I feel as if I might have something to add too. I hope my posts can be a mixture of how Donald Miller talks about challenging issues with humor and honesty, the passion of Mondesis House, the reader contribution of This Is Why You're Fat, the ability to share an experience of SeriousEats, capturing the city like Andrew, the willingness to share whats currently on your heart/mind of ramblings, musing and ...insight, and the constantancy of ..my outstreched fingertips. Which inevitably leads me to point number three...
  3. If I know Nick, this will last 2 weeks, but at least thats 14 days longer than his diets last. Hey I dont blame you for this one. When trying to come up with URL for this blog look at the ones that were already taken:
  • lenzi.blogpost.com (1 post) -- Last post Thursday, March 27th, 2003--you're a disgrace to the family name what a waste.
  • lenz.blogpost.com (1 post) -- Last post Friday, November 15th, 2002-- on a positive note only one more post to go to exceed expection for a Lenzi blog!
  • lifethroughalenz.blogspot.com (10 posts)-- Last post Monday, September 26th, 2006
  • lifethrualenz.blogspot.com (28 post) -- Last post Saturday, September 8th 2007
  • ltal.blogspot.com (4 posts) -- Last post Monday, January 24th, 2007--the thing makes me mad about the last 3 is that they're not even Lenzis so its not even punny they just think their photography is cooler with a "z" in stead of an "s".
Man that sure did give a lot of hope! I have no transition here, but I can continue to use three more dots...

I hope my posts can be a conversation starter. The last thing I want from this blog is for my opinion to be the end all be all. I'll be the first to confess that I am not always right and that my taste are strange. So please don't be afraid to leave a comment or share your opinion.

Hope to see you around!

4 comments:

  1. well, i'm excited to experience this eclectic mix... and i got a shout out! w00t ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog will last. Even if it is just me commenting on what you have to say. You know how I have an opinion for pretty much anything. Even if I know nothing about the subject. It's my downfall and greatest quality. Let the battle begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am excited to see what you have to say... i was glad to see the links you provided, although i am disappointed in myself for thinking that erika would have spelled 'insight' wrong in the title of her blog -- of course i should have figured out that it was you who had made that error!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I had better not have been a journalism major & not know how to spell insight... maybe if I had been a business major ;)

    ReplyDelete